Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blogging, Time Management and Whooping Cough

For anyone who may have noticed that I haven't posted anything here for the last five months or so ... I was diagnosed back on Dec 19 with whooping cough.

In the early hours of Jan 3, the date of my most recent post, I was actually putting the finishing touches on that post when I had a coughing fit. I remember leaning over the kitchen sink, using it to help me keep my balance when I heard a loud 'bang', and had the distinct sensation of being hit over the back of the head with a frypan.

Slowly I progressed from wondering who hit me over the head, to wondering why I was lying flat on my back on the kitchen floor. ( A linoleum covered cement slab ). Eventually I pieced together that I must have 'blacked out', taken a couple of steps backward from the sink, before passing out completely, having no sensation of falling, but regaining some semblance of conciousness to have the delightful sensation of the back of my head engaging the cement floor at high velocity.

My condition deteriorated from that point, (but I at least posted the piece I had just finished) and I resolved to take some time away from this blog, and my meager efforts on the Coming Home Network International Forum 'till I was fully fit again.

So now I'm back :D

No comments: